Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter cocktails

Who doesn't like a nice relaxing cocktail to come home to? If you don't we probably aren't friend's. (kidding...sort of) As much as I look forward to coffee in the AM I look forward to a night cap in the PM. Home drinks should be uncomplicated & have just a few ingredients. No one wants to buy 5 items to mix cocktails at home. So aside from my usual glass of wine here are a few ideas for winter beverages.

Toasty white Russian
Ingredients you'll need:
Vodka (I prefer vanilla flavored...yum)
Kahlua or coffee flavored liqueur
Milk of choice (again I prefer soy, almond or coconut)

Heat up your milk (3 minutes in microwave) add 2 ounces of vodka & 1 ounce of kahlua. Top with chocolate sprinkles. (not required but fun & delish)

So good...it's cold in Russia so I'm not sure why this drink is usually iced!

Spicy hot chocolate:
Mix your hot chocolate mix with cinnamon & cayenne pepper for an extra kick. So delish. Mix with vanilla soy and spiced rum. So good! You could also use whiskey in the more mellow varieties. Or the vanilla vodka mentioned in the previous recipe.

These drinks are for my second mother. Hoping they are more your style. If not I've got more up my sleeve. And for the rest of you happy cocktailing! I hope you're all warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment