Thursday, December 1, 2011

Snow!

A big Flagstaff storm is upon us. So it's time to cozy up, pull out the down jacket & get WARM! Personally my snow ritual is worse than it should be. I wear my heels as long as possible & choose a skirt over long johns. But I've lived through a storm or two so I'd say I'm alright. My new personal FAVE staying warm tactic is a fun new cocktail. The WHISKEY CHAI. Warm, sweet, and super cozy feeling.

So I'll go home, put on my coziest PJ's, turn on my heated blanket & prepare my beverage. Best part?! It's super easy!

Here's what you'll need:
* Chai tea concentrate (not a tea bag it comes in a cardboard container, most grocery stores have it)

*whiskey of choice: I prefer Irish like Jameson, but tonight I used Honey Jack because I had some

*milk of choice: I use vanilla soy or almond milk but you can use the old fashioned kind if you prefer

*cinnamon (not necessary just makes it pretty besides cinnamon has some great health benefits)

And here's what you do: mix half chai tea concentrate & soy milk (or whatever) and microwave for 3 minutes.

Take out of microwave (duh, I know but some people are slower than others)

Add whiskey, I like about 2 ounces (as I use a large mug) but 1 is good too especially in a smaller cup. Honestly I never really measure to the exact but this is my rough guesstimate.

Stir- quite a bit and top with cinnamon

Yummmmm! Enjoy.

Stay warm wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment