Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Direct dye madness... Poor Rita

So Rita, my pinked out doll head sat over night after being shampooed. Today she came with me into the salon. Bad news. She still has vibrantly pink hair.
Here's what I've tried:
Our high-lift series for dark hair with the lightest possible shade and double 40 volume. (the strongest peroxide we are allowed to use. (processed for one hour)

Joico color break with 30 volume.

Pure acetone

Baking soda, bleach and detox shampoo: this seemed to lift some color out but not enough to put a color over it successfully.

Currently we are trying a lowlight with a blue/green pigment additive to try to tone down her pink. When I did this in the past it turned purple. The only coverage was black.

Not sure what makes up these direct dyes. But I would personally avoid them at all costs. Please stay tuned as trials will continue! Or let me know if you have any ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I read this story once about how a stylist got black box dye out with windex. Maybe give that a shot :)

    ReplyDelete