Monday, February 6, 2012

Direct dye trials

Hi friends! Ever seen those punky fun colors in people's hair and thought... That's cute, fun, interesting whatever. Well I am here to tell you that they are not. We are seeing pink (more often than not) come into the salon. Girls wanting it out... We can't seem to remove it. Professional... Walmart bought... Doesn't matter. It won't go anywhere. So I've asked for advice & am coloring a doll head to try different suggestions or ideas.

I've purchased splat hair color from Walmart $9.

I have a natural blond doll head. Roughly a level 9/10. I currently have bleached out half of her head with the bleach mixture included in the splat kit. Which includes a warning to not let the mixture sit for more than 2 minutes without use. It could cause the bottle to burst. Ummm.... Scary. So this is where I'm at now. Splat timing suggests 30-35 minutes processing time on blond hair. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment