Monday, February 6, 2012

Phase 2

Ok so my doll friend, Whom I have carefully named Rita, has been bleached, processed & shampooed. I used Joico moisture shampoo with no conditioner. Splat directions tell us to dry the hair completely. So I did that and then proceeded to color the whole head pink. I did it without a bowl or bush. Just the applicator that was included as this is how it would be done at home. The kit came with gloves but the pink bled through so I have pink fingers and forearms. I used clorox clean up with bleach to clean my doll head. It worked but I doubt you'd want to use it on your face. But to each their own. Either way this stuff stains!!

So splat directions again have processing guidelines. For color lasting 1-6 months process for 30 minutes. For 3-4 weeks 10 minutes. I'm guessing most will go for the longevity. So I'm processing 30 minutes.

Side note: after bleaching the one side of the hair I checked the condition of the locks. Not great. The ends were snapping off in my hands. Splat suggests on dark hair that it's left on for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment