Friday, November 18, 2011

Man bob & other fashion fails

I work in the industry of beauty. Daily people come to us in hopes of change, enhancement, or to look younger. We lighten, brighten, repair, tweeze and cut all in the name of beauty. There are some times in our world that we see or are asked to do something that we'd prefer not to.

1. Man bob- think nights of the round table. A generally one length man cut stopping just above the shoulders. This Gentlemen is not a good look. Length does not make you look younger nor is it anywhere near bad ass. We will do it but this will NOT make us happy. This is seen generally in older men 60's I'm assuming. Guys, embrace it, then cut it off. It will make everyone happier, especially your wife.

2. The mullet- we all know what it is, business in the front/party in the back... If you don't know what it is you have one. I'm telling you people rocking this style have mullet denial. (that was kind of a poem) This also goes for the ladies who have long hair with suuuuuper short layers. Mullet. 80's hair band... Ring any bells?! I almost always try to talk people out of this buuuuut sometimes you can't. But just know I'm going to go in the back and tell EVERYONE about the sweet mullet I just formed.

3. Feathered Anything & mall bangs
Ummmm... Hi. The 70's and 80's might have been really groovy decades but they're over. Let's not keep rockin the hairstyles of the past just for old times sake. And yes, Farrah was super hot back in the day but is no longer the pinup of choice. I don't know how to recreate your mall bang. My hands won't allow it. So let's update your style just about 20 or 30 years. I swear we do cute things with hair in the current decade.

Enjoy the photos!

1 comment:

  1. I can teach you how to do the mall bangs. Check my old photos on facebook. It's a thing of beauty, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete